It is so incredibly uncomfortable. Anyway, as a woman, you feel extremely uncomfortable during menstruation anyway – and then this feeling is exacerbated by bloating. The belly is bloated and hard, hurts and always run away (unfortunately little fragrant) gases. Speib.
Menstruation and bowel problems: Where does the bloating come from during the rule?
If it is comforting: Almost a third of all women suffer from bowel problems and flatulence during the rule. Okay, it is not. The cause of the digestive problems are, as so often, hormones. During your period, increased hormone-like substances called prostaglandins are released. They make your uterus contract to repel the lining of the womb. This ensures the painful contractions. But that's not enough. The increased prostaglandin level in your body also boosts your gut movement. Therefore, many women have diarrhea during the period – but also flatulence. In addition, an interaction with the yellow-body hormone progesterone may occur. This is formed in the ovaries and ensures that the uterus enriches with nutrients (a preparation for a possible fertilization). In the second half of the cycle, it is increasingly released in the blood, during the period, the values ИН ИНflatten again. This hormone change irritates the intestine in addition and can lead to digestive problems such as constipation and thus to flatulence. Diarrhea. Constipation. Flatulence. Why are we women being punished for having children? Well. We can not clarify this question at this point. But for another important:
What helps quickly against flatulence during the period?
The most boring news: Prevent it by changing your diet before and during menstruation. Especially in the time you have an extreme appetite for chocolate or greasy like pizza and ham and cheese toast. The unsaturated fatty acids and high-sugar foods strain and irritate your intestine even more. Lentils and wholegrain bread can also cause bloating and should not be eaten during this phase. Yippie. Instead, now eat better digestible foods like fish, nuts and avocados. Good. But this is prevention and not a quick help, if you suddenly feel like a fart pillow after enjoying a chocolate bar Schoki. Which home remedies help so fast against the abdomen?
- Tea: fennel tea (it is best to crush the fresh fennel seeds and pour them with hot water). Cumin tea, aniseed or chamomile and lemon balm help to relieve the intestine and calm. You should drink the tea again and again throughout the day.
- Parsley and ginger: Both contain anti-inflammatory substances that can dissolve the gases in your gut. However, it takes some effort to chew on a peeled ginger roll or a Petersil tuft.
- Heat: An applied hot water bottle works wonders, as it relaxes the cramped muscles of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Abdominal massages: warm hands first, then stimulate intestinal activity with gentle movements. Turn clockwise with the fingertips in gentle circular movements around the navel. The circular movements increase in size until the largest circle reaches from the lower pubic bone to the costal arch. Now let the movements get smaller and start over. Excess gases can then escape better.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: A mixture of two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and two teaspoons of fennel honey, dissolved in a cup of warm water, can prevent bloating – drink in small sips before a meal.
Care: If the home remedies do not help against flatulence and you have long-lasting discomfort, then you should go to the doctor. Flatulence can also have serious causes, such as intestinal disease, problems with the pancreas or food intolerances.