Did you know that the Celts and Germans from 9 herbs have already prepared a soup that they always ate in spring? After a long, cold winter, that was the best way to get the body back on track. We'll show you a recipe for the well-known Maundy Thursday soup or 9-herb soup.
– each a handful of 9 herbs, such as: nettle leaves, wild garlic leaves, dandelion leaves, dead nettle, ribwort, yarrow, chickweed, watercress, labweed and rocket)
– 1 onion
– Butter or oil for searing
– 1/2 liter of water or broth
– salt, pepper and possibly lemon and nutmeg
– Beat or cr me fra che to round off
– Daisy flowers for garnish Tip: You can find many of the above herbs in the woods, on banks or sidewalks as early as spring. Always make sure you get the right herbs. Otherwise, there are also fresh organic herbs to buy in the organic market or regional!
Chop the herbs and saut with finely chopped onion and butter. Add water or soup stock. Simmer for 5 minutes and season with salt, pepper and possibly a dash of lemon or nutmeg. Now puree with a blender and add a dash of cream. Arrange the soup on a plate and garnish with fresh daisies! Tip: You can also prepare the soup with potatoes so that it is a bit more nutritious. Just dice 2-3 potatoes and let cook. Then pur e everything. You can find further detox tips here!